Lead Electrical Systems Architect
A well-established and globally recognized company has an exciting opportunity in Peachtree City, GA for a Lead Electrical Systems Architect to join their Product Design Department. This position offers competitive benefits, profit sharing, bonus potential, and relocation assistance throughout the US.
The Lead Electrical Systems Architect will be responsible for managing projects and ensuring the achievement of targets for vehicle function, performance, durability, cost reduction, and ease of manufacturing.
· Identifying and resolving the root cause of failures.
· Enhancing the Product Development process through engineering studies and the creation of electrical system specifications, 3D CAD models, 2D CAD drawings, and BOMs.
o Developing new electrical components to improve product performance and leverage technological advancements.
o Adhering to the company's development process and delivering project milestones on time.
o Managing project schedules, costs, and quality.
o Planning, designing, and supervising projects.
· Contributing to the vehicle design team as an individual contributor.
· Managing and leading the design and development of electrical scope for projects.
· Overseeing the entire electrical system design process.
· Completing the design of electrical components and systems.
· Creating detailed 2D drawings for project subassemblies and installations.
· Preparing engineering release documentation for parts and their usage.
· Participating as an individual contributor in cross-functional project teams to ensure timely development and quality of products.
· Analyzing market claims and determining countermeasure specifications, either individually or through management.
· Collaborating with domestic and overseas suppliers to meet project requirements.
· Leading communication with company headquarters in Japan regarding electrical project scope.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical component and system design, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Experience in electronic circuit design and verification of embedded equipment and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of CPUs.
- Experience in embedded software design and verification.
- Knowledge of microcontroller integration, preferably in automotive applications.
Other Required Skills:
- Proficiency in overall vehicle control system development.
- Experience in wire harness and small electrical component design (e.g. headlights, switches, meters).
- Proficiency in PCB design, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of electromagnetic waves, sensors, image processing, and radio waves.
- Ability to design control systems and logic based on electrical engineering principles.
- Ability to verify test items of control systems and logic based on principles.
- Capacity to create and implement countermeasure plans for technical challenges.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple technical assignments 1-6 months in advance.
- Experience in vehicle navigation system design.
- Knowledge of deep cycle battery design.
- Proficiency in battery charging profile design based on battery reaction principles.
- Familiarity with lithium-ion battery design.
- Experience in battery management system (BMS) design based on battery reaction principles.
- Software development and integration with hardware.
- Control logic design based on QFD and the characteristics of controlled objects.
- Familiarity with CPU internal structure design.
- Experience in automotive vehicle communication protocols (CAN/LIN).