Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst
Our client is a thriving company in the insurance sector and is currently seeking a Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Analyst to join their Finance team. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented and analytical professional to contribute to the financial success of the company. As a key member of the team, you will work closely with the Manager of FP&A and play a critical role in financial forecasting, budgeting, and strategic decision-making across the organization.
The position is based in Garden City, NY, and involves a hybrid work model on Long Island, with the flexibility to work 1-2 days per week in the office.
- Assist in developing annual budgets, forecasts, and long-range financial plans.
- Create and maintain complex financial models for various business units and projects.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather information for financial analysis.
- Support the monthly financial reporting process, including variance analysis.
- Distribute budget reports to department managers on a regular basis.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analyses and reports to support decision-making.
- Enhance financial processes and systems to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Oversee and assist in various Banking and Treasury Functions, including ACH approvals.
- Conduct Cash Flow Analysis.
- Execute cost-benefit analyses for process changes and other initiatives.
- Undertake typical accounting tasks as needed.
- Participate in additional projects as required.
- Maintain absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Stay updated on industry knowledge through continuous learning opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis, investment banking, or a similar role.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and attention to detail skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of FIS/EAS, Prophix, and Crystal reporting is a plus.
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills.
- CPA license is a plus.