Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Lead Manufacturing Engineer
East Aurora, NY
We are currently searching for two (2) experienced and hands-on Senior Manufacturing Engineers who are passionate about their work. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in Manufacturing Engineering with CAD/CAM CNC Programming skills, preferably with NX. We are seeking individuals with expertise in CNC Milling machine processing, tooling, and programming, specifically in 4 and 5 axis machining.
As a Senior Manufacturing Engineer, you will play a crucial role in supporting the development of new product processes and implementing new manufacturing technologies for existing production programs. This position requires a strong level of commitment and the ability to tackle challenging and nonroutine manufacturing engineering tasks using standard engineering techniques and procedures.
Do not miss out on this excellent opportunity to put your skills and expertise in Senior Manufacturing Engineering, CNC Milling, and Lean to work in a rewarding career!
- Evaluate and develop emerging technologies in manufacturing engineering.
- Coordinate Design for Manufacturing efforts among various development engineering groups.
- Determine manufacturing procedures, operation sequencing, prepare tooling and gauge lists, create and prove out N/C programs, and write detailed operation sheets and work instructions for complex machined parts and sub-assemblies.
- Support and improve mature programs using CAD/CAM, custom macros, and manual coding.
- Prepare, monitor, and update engineered or estimated time standards for set up and run hours, man to machine ratios, and economic run quantities for each component's processes.
- Provide cost estimates for new business capture and process improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with various disciplines, such as Moog engineers, technicians, operations, quality personnel, and external suppliers, to solve process-related problems.
- Take on leadership opportunities as assigned by the Group Lead and/or Manufacturing Engineer Manager.
- Support production automated manufacturing cells to achieve process stability and reduce labor and human factor variations.
- Travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Preferred Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Access to United States Export Controlled information is required.
- Must have CAD/CAM CNC programming experience, preferably with NX.
- Experience in CNC Milling machine processing, tooling, and programming, particularly in 4 and 5 axis machining.
- Progressive thinker and self-starter who can contribute to the advancement of methodologies and technologies.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Lean mindset and leadership skills to drive change towards a Lean factory.
- Lean belt certification is a plus.
- Preferred experience in tooling and/or fixture design.
- Experience in developing automated and advanced manufacturing systems.
- Program management training and experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus
- Full relocation
- Annual profit share bonuses
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Open paid time off policy
- Competitive 401K plan with enhanced matching program
- Healthy work/life balance
Industry: Manufacturing Engineer, CNC, NX, Tooling, Lean
Job Code: j-2674