Senior Defense Industry Financial Analyst
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client, located near Portsmouth, NH, is a renowned and long-standing industry leader with a rich history spanning 250 years. They are known for their exceptional quality and innovative products, making them the preferred choice in their field. With 12 locations and over 3,000 employees, they have established a strong presence in the market.
We offer a competitive salary, including bonuses, a 401k matching program with immediate vesting, excellent benefits, an employee discount, and opportunities for career growth. This position is based in our office, and a relocation package is available!
As a Senior Defense Industry Financial Analyst, you will report to the Senior Manager of Defense Finance. Your main focus will be to support our company's expanding Defense business by defining and implementing Program Reporting for an exciting new initiative.
This role requires a meticulous and hands-on individual who will be responsible for various accounting activities, including Departmental Spend Analysis, Margin Analysis, Operations Performance, KPIs, Monthly Closing Process, and Reporting.
The perfect candidate will possess a solid background working for a defense or government contractor, gaining valuable experience in areas such as FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations), DFARS, CAS (Cost Account System), Program Accounting, Rates, and Incurred Cost Submissions on government programs. Additionally, the candidate must have a broad financial skill set, including expertise in cost accounting, financial accounting, business planning, development of business cases and Pro-forma financial statements, and general financial analysis.
- Provide support to the Senior Manager of Defense Finance and interact with Executive leaders in various departments.
- Analyze profitability for both US and Foreign military programs, including P&L analysis, Sales Analysis, Bid Costing Analysis, and Project Performance Analysis.
- Handle ASC 606 related Percentage of Complete Revenue and cost recognition for milestone-based contracts/elements of the NGSW contract.
- Support ICE (Incurred Cost Electronically) DCAA Model Population and Calculation to determine the company's effective SG&A rate.
- Provide analytical support in response to government contemplation letters.
- Analyze time tracking data and calculate development & support costs for ongoing Defense initiatives.
- Support Manufacturing Rate and Cost Accounting.
- Conduct P&L and Working Capital Analysis for our Defense Businesses.
- Ability to support CSDR reporting and potentially implement CAS (Cost Accounting Standards) if a triggering event occurs.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in finance and/or accounting preferred.
- 5-7+ years of experience with a major defense manufacturing company serving the U.S. Government, including exposure to program costing and preparing CAS-compliant bids for U.S. Military programs.
- CPA or GAGAS (Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards) Certifications are a plus.
- Experience with FAR, DFAR, CAS, indirect rate analysis, incurred cost submission, building rates in government (labor, fringe, overhead), WAWF
- Experience working with the DCAA, program/percentage complete accounting, FPRA (Forward Pricing Rate Agreements) & Incurred Cost Submissions, and certified cost and pricing to the U.S. Military is preferred.
- Preferred experience in an FP&A role, working closely with business leads on various FP&A and analytical matters.
- Proficient in ERP systems such as Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP, Infor, etc.
- Familiarity with financial consolidation programs such as Hyperion, One Stream, TM1, Cognos, etc. is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with senior management.
- Excellent analytical skills and a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Self-driven individual with a high sense of personal ownership and intellectual curiosity.
- Results-oriented with the ability to collaborate diplomatically across all organizational levels.
- Problem-solving mindset and a track record of making improvements.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and self-directed, with the ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Reside within a reasonable commuting distance of Portsmouth, NH, or be willing to relocate with company assistance.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Salary offered within the range will depend on level of experience.