Sr. Warranty Quality Engineer
Our company is currently seeking a Senior Warranty Quality Engineer to join our team at our manufacturing complex located in Athens, GA. This is a great opportunity to work for a major international company and enjoy excellent benefits and potential for bonuses.
The Senior Warranty Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring the safety and quality of our products, as well as managing warranty claims and improving warranty processes. This includes reviewing and investigating warranty returns, conducting root cause analysis, and implementing corrective actions. The Senior Warranty Quality Engineer will also collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to meet warranty targets and reduce warranty costs.
- Conduct analysis of warranty returns and performance
- Prepare comprehensive warranty reports
- Develop and update warranty procedures and manuals
- Lead the reliability improvement process and produce performance reports
- Communicate fault and liability information to suppliers for corrective actions
- Review suppliers' processes and manufacturing procedures
- Negotiate liability with customers when necessary
- Perform supplier evaluation audits to eliminate warranty issues
- Analyze warranty return data and identify trends and actions for improvement
- Ensure lessons learned from warranty analysis are communicated across all platforms
- Provide quality awareness training
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to prevent non-conformities
- Conduct special projects as required
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- A bachelor's degree in a related field plus a minimum of five years of experience
- Prior experience working with warranty claims
- Strong attention to detail and customer-service orientation
- Ability to work independently and support the development of other engineering staff
- Proven problem-solving skills and experience addressing corrective actions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in quality control techniques and tools
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
May be required to supervise sorting staff as needed.
Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. The employee may occasionally need to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Typical office, lab, and manufacturing working conditions.