Senior Warranty Quality Engineer
An exciting opportunity is available at a major international company located in Lawrenceville, GA. This company offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a potential bonus of 1-2%.
We are seeking a Senior Warranty Quality Engineer who will specialize in ensuring the safety and quality of our products through effective warranty management. In this role, you will collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to investigate and analyze warranty returns, identify root causes of failures, and develop solutions for customer issues. Your expertise will help us meet and minimize warranty targets to improve overall product quality.
As a member of the warranty team, you will review warranty claims and establish inspection requirements. You will conduct inspections, rework or reprocess products as needed, and analyze data to identify trends and corrective actions. In addition, you will review and improve suppliers' processes and manufacturing procedures, negotiate with customers when necessary, and coordinate improvement activities. You will work mostly independently with minimal supervision, and your work will be reviewed by senior management at project milestones or completion.
· Analyze and report on warranty returns and performance
· Prepare comprehensive warranty reports
· Develop and update warranty procedures and manuals as needed
· Lead the reliability improvement process and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
· Ensure timely communication of analysis data to customers in their preferred format
· Collaborate with suppliers to identify and address quality issues
· Negotiate liability and warranty cost recovery with customers and suppliers, respectively
· Conduct detailed trend analysis to determine corrective and preventative actions for warranty issues
· Ensure sharing of warranty analysis insights across product platforms and with customers
Other Responsibilities & Skill Requirements
· Take initiative and exercise judgment in work methods and goal interpretation
· Work independently with minimal supervision
· Take proactive steps to prevent quality nonconformities and notify management of concerns
· Provide training on quality changes as necessary
· Demonstrate strong communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience, preferably in the automotive manufacturing industry. Strong knowledge of statistical applications, process flow charts, and measurement equipment is required. Previous experience in warranty management is essential.
- Excellent customer service and attention to detail, with prior experience using customer portals for communication and document submission.
- Ability to work independently and provide guidance to other engineering staff.
- Proven problem-solving skills, with at least 3 years' experience in addressing corrective actions and warranty analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including leadership abilities and effective teamwork.
- Proficiency in quality control techniques and tools, such as Capability Studies, APQP, and PPAP.
- Ability to read blueprints and measure parts accurately.
- Proficiency in MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint; experience with Access is preferred.
Supervise sorting staff as needed.
Required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Occasional lifting and/or moving of up to 25 pounds may be required.
Standard office, laboratory, and manufacturing working conditions apply.