Our client, located in Portsmouth, NH, is a well-established and highly regarded company in their industry. With over 250 years of experience, they are known for their exceptional quality and innovative products. The company has a workforce of over 3,000 employees spread across 12 locations.
We offer a competitive salary along with bonus opportunities, a 401k match, excellent benefits, employee discount, and room for growth. This position requires working in the office.
As a Collections Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing the collections of overdue accounts and assessing credit risks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise a team of two credit analysts.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging reports for key accounts and ensure timely collection of assigned accounts to reduce past-due and bad debt exposures.
- Handle day-to-day activities in a fast-paced environment, including reviewing daily order hold reports, performing account reconciliations, and conducting related collection activities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, sales teams, operations, and other departments to resolve billing, credit, and collection issues.
- Initiate credit memos for shortages, pricing, discounts, freight, and policy matters.
- Review credit applications, including risk analysis, to determine credit limits.
- Review customer financial statements, bank and trade references, and DNB & Creditntell reports.
- Prepare proposals for third-party agency placement and/or bad debt write-off.
- Regularly review progress and resolutions of issues with the credit and collections manager, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business.
- 7-10+ years of relevant supervisory experience required.
- Experience working for a product company highly desired.
- Professional candidate with strong collections background, customer service/retention mindset, and excellent negotiation skills. B2B experience is a PLUS!
- Familiarity and/or working knowledge of US Government sites for invoice and payment acknowledgments.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel (VLOOKUP and Pivot tables), and Oracle.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multitask.
- Local to the Portsmouth, NH area or willing to relocate at your own expense.
- Must be a US Citizen.
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.