There is a fantastic opportunity available for a Machining Engineer at a well-established company located in Atlanta, GA. This large site is situated on the south side of the Atlanta metropolitan area. The company offers excellent benefits, profit sharing, bonus potential, and even relocation assistance nationwide.
- Supervise tool and die personnel.
- Oversee and repair tools, dies, and fixtures, as well as manage the die changeover process.
- Collaborate with the die maker to develop die designs, determine necessary equipment, and identify the optimal production method to meet product design and operational capacity at a competitive cost.
- Evaluate equipment, tooling, and product costs based on product/process design.
- Manage projects to meet targets for cost, timing, and operational efficiency.
- Create and present cost justifications and capital planning to request project funding.
- Obtain quotes from multiple die makers to determine the best cost option.
- Ensure die construction and associated equipment meet cost and timing targets.
- Utilize die design and associated equipment knowledge to establish a cost-competitive manufacturing process.
- Effectively communicate CAD drawings and design requirements to die designers and fabricators to ensure accurate construction.
- Source secondary tooling as required.
- Collaborate with tool makers to develop prototype tooling and mass production that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting support for products and tooling, and propose continuous improvement solutions.
- Define requirements for ongoing die maintenance to prevent failures.
Education / Experience:
- BSME or equivalent experience with at least 5 years of experience in die development, project management, and tool/die manufacturing. Minimum of 10 years experience without a degree.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
Other Required Skills:
- Experience operating shop equipment such as CNC Mill and CNC Lathe.
- Proficiency in programming Wire EDM.
- Strong ability to understand and communicate CAD drawings.
- Experience working with stamping presses, roll forming presses, steel spinning presses, MIG/TIG welding, and steel and aluminum materials.
- Experience in tool design, development, and procurement.
- Ability to determine manufacturing cost, tooling costs, and project timing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of welding equipment and weld fixture design.
- Ability to work in both controlled manufacturing office environments and non-air conditioned metal working factory floor environments.
- Experience with stamping presses, roll forming presses, NC lathes, manual and automated welders, and robotic welding.