Our company is currently seeking a skilled Machining Engineer to join our team at our Auburn, AL location. This opportunity comes with excellent company benefits, profit sharing, bonus potential, and relocation assistance nationwide.
- Directly supervise tool and die personnel.
- Oversee and repair tools, dies, and fixtures, as well as manage the die change over process.
- Collaborate with die maker to develop die design, determine necessary equipment, and identify optimal production methods to meet product design at a competitive cost.
- Evaluate equipment, tooling, and product costs based on product/process design.
- Manage projects to meet cost, timing, and operational efficiency targets.
- Develop and present cost justifications and project funding requests.
- Obtain quotes from multiple die makers to determine best cost option for dies.
- Ensure die construction and associated equipment meet cost and timing targets.
- Utilize knowledge of die design and associated equipment to create cost competitive manufacturing processes.
- Communicate CAD drawings and design needs to die designers and fabricators for accurate construction.
- Source secondary tooling as needed.
- Collaborate with tool maker to develop prototype tooling and mass production that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Provide troubleshooting support and continuous improvement solutions for products and tooling.
- Define ongoing die maintenance requirements to prevent failures.
Education / Experience:
- BSME or equivalent experience with 5+ years of experience in die development, project management, and tool/die manufacturing; or a minimum of 10 years of experience in these areas without a degree.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Other Required Skills:
- Experience operating shop equipment such as CNC Mill and CNC Lathe.
- Experience programming Wire EDM.
- Strong skills in understanding CAD drawings and communicating CAD data.
- Experience with stamping presses, roll forming presses, steel spinning presses, MIG/TIG welding, and steel and aluminum materials.
- Experience in tool design, development, and procurement.
- Ability to determine manufacturing cost, tooling costs, and timing for project completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in welding equipment and weld fixture design.
- Ability to work in both controlled manufacturing office environment and non-air conditioned metal working factory floor environment.
- Experience with stamping presses, roll forming presses, NC lathes, manual and automated welders, and robotic welding.