Our client is a reputable law firm located in Mineola, NY. They specialize in representing clients in personal injury cases, medical malpractice, worker's compensation, mass tort, and more. This is a full-time position based in the office.
They are currently looking for a personal injury attorney to join their team of highly skilled lawyers.
- Manage a caseload, attend court proceedings, negotiate settlements, oversee trial preparations, conduct trials, and participate in mediations and arbitrations.
- Advise clients on liability claims and legal rights, interpret laws, rulings, and regulations.
- Conduct depositions and respond to discovery demands.
- Ability to conduct discovery and draft motions.
- Gather evidence through client and witness interviews to support legal actions.
- Evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for cases.
- Stay updated on job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in personal injury trials with documented evidence and must be licensed to practice law in the state of New York.
- Prior experience on the Plaintiff side with personal injury cases is preferred.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- This position requires 5 days of work per week in the office.