Our client, a metals polishing company, is currently seeking a dedicated and experienced full-time Assistant Plant Manager for their Los Angeles (El Monte) facility. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in overseeing daily plant operations, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures, and implementing processes that optimize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity.
- Manage and direct plant and warehouse operations, supervising production scheduling, maintenance, quality control, and shipping and receiving to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Prioritize interactions between production, shipping, receiving, and truck loading to maximize overall efficiency.
- Devise and execute a collaborative and proactive strategy to maintain a safe working environment that meets and exceeds OSHA standards.
- Maintain an active and visible presence on the shop floor to promptly address concerns, resolve issues, and prioritize tasks.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of a Quality system to achieve high-quality products and on-time delivery.
- Promote optimum operations through effective recruitment, training, and retention of employees.
- Evaluate and implement corrective measures in the plant to maximize operating efficiencies.
- Implement preventative and predictive measures for maintaining operational equipment.
- Monitor levels of raw materials and finished goods to ensure on-time deliveries and accurate inventory management.
- Continuously identify opportunities for improvement in safety, quality, and financial metrics.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight charges, repair expenses, and other forms of waste.
- Maintain consistent and effective housekeeping, including inventory of plant supplies.
- Follow operational procedures to complete required training.
- Ensure proper usage and maintenance of equipment, materials, and tools in compliance with safety regulations.
- Foster positive employee relations and uphold a high level of employee morale.
- Provide coaching and disciplinary actions for performance issues.
- Oversee the efficient, safe, and accurate movement of rail cars into and out of the facility.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a metal manufacturing facility in a similar role
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with the ability to plan and execute daily activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as mathematical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, communicate, and solve problems effectively.
- Knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, inventory, and stewardship processes.
- Ability to establish accountability and lead by example.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in using communication tools such as email, phone, voicemail, and videoconferencing.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and proficiency in using standard office equipment