Location: Cary, IL
- We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Manager for our facility in Cary, IL. This position is for a 1st shift (Monday - Friday) due to an increase in business and expansion.
- The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the activities of production personnel. They will provide leadership, implement lean initiatives, offer guidance, and facilitate operations on multiple high-speed plastic extrusion lines.
- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
- Provide guidance and supervision to production operators to ensure the successful execution of daily and weekly production schedules across multiple lines.
- Manage labor and operating expenses to meet budget targets.
- Coordinate production activities to ensure safety, quality, and productivity while minimizing waste.
- Achieve productivity, quality, safety, health, environmental, and morale goals established for the site.
- Complete and update all necessary production paperwork and records.
- Ensure equipment in the assigned area is in working order and maintain safe working conditions.
- Review and analyze production records to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Make recommendations for long-term solutions, such as equipment replacement, refurbishment, procedural changes, productivity improvement, and material changes, to enhance accountability.
- Drive continuous improvement through teamwork, skill development, and capability enhancement within the area of responsibility.
- Recruit, train, evaluate, and develop team members.
- Manage and facilitate employee and management relationships within the guidelines of the labor contract and company policy.
- Candidates must possess a BA/BS/AAS degree or have at least 5 years of manufacturing supervision experience.
- Must have at least 5 years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in the metals industry.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, leading, developing, training, and disciplining employees as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of Lean manufacturing practices, Kaizen, TPM, or other continuous improvement methods.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.