The role of the Manufacturing Manager is to oversee manufacturing operations at our Fort Madison, IA location. This position requires working on either the 2nd or 3rd shift. As the Manufacturing Manager, you will lead a team in identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities. You will also be responsible for managing the production staff and ensuring that production and quality targets are met. In addition, you will address any problems or bottlenecks in the production process and find solutions. It will be your responsibility to ensure that all production resources, including materials, equipment, and human resources, are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supporting our continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost, and customer service is also a critical aspect of this role. Overall, you will be responsible for managing various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team-oriented workforce to drive positive business results.
- Monitor production to maintain quality, productivity, and cost standards.
- Provide training to employees to ensure effective job performance.
- Assist in supervising sanitation operations to maintain a clean and food safe environment.
- Enforce plant rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Evaluate employee performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for performance improvement.
- Participate in plant and company safety programs to ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Engineering, Food Science, Agricultural Sciences, or other Natural Science degrees preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
- One year or more of supervisory experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and loss.
- Knowledge of GMPs.
- Working knowledge of plant equipment and safety.
- Ability to identify normal and abnormal conditions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a food-processing or manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and/or shift work with a strong work ethic and employment history.
- A self-motivated individual who can multitask and lead others.