Head of Electrical Engineering for Architectural & Engineering Firm
At this career-focused firm, we provide all the perks you would expect:
· Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
· Family-friendly environment promoting work/life balance
· Active and involved management fostering a collaborative team culture
· Open office space with cubicles
· Exciting projects, often with well-known companies
· Medical Insurance coverage
· Dental, life insurance up to $100,000, STD, and LTD fully covered by the company
· Various Health Savings Account options available
· 401k retirement plan with a 4% company match
· 9 paid holidays and generous vacation time
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program in the United States
· PE registration in the state of South Carolina, or the ability to obtain NCEES registration if not currently registered
· Minimum 7 years' experience as a registered PE in electrical design of industrial projects, handling various electrical systems (e.g., industrial 480V, 3 Phase Power systems, backup generators, industrial/warehouse lighting system, office power and lighting, fire alarm systems, and IT systems). Construction experience preferred.
· Familiarity with building codes and design standards, including NFPA 70 (NED) and IBC. Knowledge of FM Global Standards is a plus.
· Experience in defining and specifying electrical design loads, preparing power load sheets, equipment selection, developing project specifications, construction drawings, shop drawing review, and resolving issues during construction.
· Ability to conduct site visits to existing client facilities and construction sites, navigating the physical environment to assess conditions and address challenges.
· Creative thinker with innovative problem-solving skills
· Capability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adhering to project schedules and goals. Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are a must.
· Proficiency in computer-aided design and drafting programs, such as AutoCAD and Revit.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
· Excellent collaboration and organization capabilities, including directing and delegating work to the Electrical Department staff.
· Willingness to contribute to company sales and marketing efforts, involving tasks like preliminary project designs, estimating project design fees, proposal writing, and attending business development functions.